Postdoctoral Training: Provost’s Postdoctoral Scholar in the Humanities (University of Southern California, 2012-2014)
- Assistant Professor, Italian Cinema
- Member of Editorial Board: The Journal of Italian Cinema and Media Studies (2014-)
- Areas of Specialization: Italian film and media studies; modern and contemporary Italian literature; cultural theory; gender studies; rhetoric and communication studies; Italian travel and migration literature and cinema; Italian colonial and postcolonial cultures; modern and contemporary cultural relations between Italy and China.
- Book: Italian-Chinese Cultural Encounters: Chinese Migrants and Globalization in Italy, 1992-2012 (under review in September 2015).
- Peer-reviewed Journal Essays: “Contemporary Italian Novels on Chinese Immigration to Italy,” California Italian Studies Journal 4:2 (2014); “The Protest in Milan’s Chinatown and the Chinese Immigrants in Italy in the Media (2007-09),” Journal of Italian Cinema and Media Studies 1:1 (2013): 21-37; “Italian Male Travelers at the Borderline: Masculinities and Liminal Spaces in Lamerica and Il ladro di bambini by Gianni Amelio,” The Italianist (Film Issue) 32 (2012): 238-55.
- Book Chapters: “Comedy Film and Immigration to Italy: Reading Masculinity, Hybridity, and Satire in Lezioni di cioccolato (2007), Questa notte è ancora nostra (2008), and Into Paradiso (2010),” S. Schrader and D. Winkler, eds., The Cinemas of Italian Migration: European and Transatlantic Narratives, 263-279 (2013); “The Three Riddles in Puccini’s Turandot: Masculinity, Empire, and Orientalism,” E. Saletta and B. Hindinger, eds., Der musikalisch modellierte Mann: Interkulturelle und interdisziplinäre Männlichkeitsstudien zur Oper und Literatur des 19. und frühen 20. Jahrhunderts, 397-416 (2012).
- Film Review: My Reincarnation by Jennifer Fox, Italian American Review 3.2 (2013): 151-153.
- Interview: Interviewed and cited in Francesca Bellino, “Tra vecchi stereotipi e nuove abitudini inizia l’anno del serpente nelle Chinatown italiane,” Huffington Post Italia (January 30, 2013).
- Media Essay: “Made in Italy by Chinese in Prato: The ‘Carrot and Stick’ Policy and Chinese Migrants in Italy, 2010-11“. China Policy Institute Blog, University of Nottingham, UK, October 22, 2015.