MA, PhD (Toronto), F.R.S.C., Comm. O.M.R.I.
- President (2011-14) of the Canadian Society for Italian Studies; President (2002-04) of the Canadian Society for Renaissance Studies; President of the Sixteenth-Century Studies Conference (2001-02); President of the Federazione Giuliano Dalmata Canadese (2004-09); General Editor of “Essays and Studies” (2002-present); Editor of Quaderni d’italianistica (2003-11), Confraternitas (1990 to present), and El Boletin (1991 to present); Associate Editor of Renaissance and Reformation (2011 to present).
- Director, Centre for Reformation and Renaissance Studies (1990-2000)
- au. L’opera poetica di Virginia Martini Salvi (Siena, c. 1510 – Roma, post 1572). (2012)
- au. The Sword and the Pen: Women, Politics and Poetry in Sixteenth-Century Siena. (Winner of the 2013 “Ennio Flaiano International Prize for Italian Studies” and awarded “Outstanding Academic Title” for 2013 from Choice. Current Reviews for Academic Libraries).
- au. The Boys of the Archangel Raphael. A Youth Confraternity in Florence, 1411-1785 (1998) (Winner of the 2000 Marraro Prize for best book of 1998-99 awarded jointly by the American Catholic Historical Association, the American Historical Association, and the Society for Italian Studies);
- trans. G. M. Cecchi, The Horned Owl (L’Assiuolo) (1981); G. Savonarola, A Guide to Righteous Living and Other Works (2003); A. Petacco, A Tragedy Revealed. The Story of the Italian Population from Istria, Dalmatia, and Venezia Giulia, 1943-1956 (2005); co-trans. A. Firenzuola, On the Beauty of Women (1992); G. Della Casa , Galateo (1986, 1990, 1994);
- ed. The Cultural World of Eleonora di Toledo, Duchess of Florence and Siena (2004); The Premodern Teenager: Youth in Society, 1150-1650 (2002); The Cultural Politics of Duke Cosimo I de’ Medici (2001); An Italian Region in Canada: The Case of Friuli-Venezia Giulia (1998); G. M. Cecchi, Compendio di più ritratti delle cose della Magna, Fiandra, Spagna e Regno di Napoli (1993); Crossing the Boundaries: Christian Piety and the Arts in Italian Medieval and Renaissance Confraternities (1991); G. M. Cecchi, Ragionamenti spirituali 1 558 (1986);
- co-ed. Carnival and the Carnivalesque: The Fool, the Reformer, the Wildman, and Others in Early Modern Theatre (1999); Desire and Discipline: Sex and Sexuality in the Premodern West (1996); Love and Death in the Renaissance (1991); Petrarch’s Triumphs: The Language of Gesture in the Renaissance (1986);
- articles on Lorenzo de’ Medici, Poliziano, Savonarola, Michelangelo, Bronzino, Della Casa, Cecchi, theatre, and confraternities;