B.Ed., M.A., Ph.D. (Toronto)
- Senior Lecturer, Italian Studies
- Co-ordinator of First-Year Program VIC ONE (Frye and Pearson Streams) at Victoria College, University of Toronto
- Areas of specialization: Foreign Language Pedagogy (esp. Italian as a Foreign Language); First Year Experience 19th/20th century Italian Literature with focus on transdisciplinary approach; Oral History
- Recent areas of academic focus: Unpublished Correspondence of Mario Pratesi (1842-1921); works of Annie Vivanti; women writers of late 19th /early 20th century
- Numerous publications in various academic journals in Europe and in North America, including: Annali d’italianistica, Confraternitas, Italian Canadiana, Italica, Quaderni d’Italianistica, Rivista di Studi italiani, Romance Languages Annual, Semiotic Review of Books, Semiotica
- Translator (with G. Katz):
- Cutrufelli, Maria Rosa. Reasonable Doubt . Translation of Complice il dubbio. Translated by G. Sanguinetti Katz and Anne Urbancic and with prefatory essays by the translators. Welland, ON: éditions Soleil, 2007.
- The Narrow Shore . Translation of E. Lauretta, La piccola spiaggia . Trans. by Giuliana Sanguinetti Katz and Anne Urbancic. Sicilian Studies Series. Mineola, NY and Ottawa, ON: Legas, 2004.
- The Girl in Black, Translation of Angela Bianchini, La Ragazza in nero, translated by G. Sanguinetti Katz and Anne Urbancic. With Introductory Essay “The Role of Memory in The Girl in Black”. Welland, ON: CSIS, Biblioteca di Quaderni d’Italianistica, 2002. Received the Premio per la Traduzione awarded by Ministero dei Beni e le Attività Culturali of Italy.